Do you remember taking a career test back in high school? Chances are you probably didn’t wind up with “travel blogger” or “social media influencer” for your career track of choice. Five, ten years ago, those careers barely existed. If they did, only a small percentage of bloggers were making a living doing it, let alone bringing in an income in the six figures.
Flash forward to 2019, where travel bloggers and influencers are making multiple six-figure careers, working from anywhere in the world, setting their own schedules, and growing their audience into the high thousands.
Not only that, they’ve expanded their blogs into empires, with many of them producing their own product lines, collaborating with household brands, and educating others on how to become bloggers & influencers themselves (like my client Christina Galbato did for her Instagram Bootcamp).
But contrary to popular belief, this career choice is not easy. It’s not a fast-track to traveling the world. You need to be committed. Do you have what it takes to be a travel blogger? First rule of travel blogging: must love travel.
10 SIGNS YOU’D MAKE AN AMAZING TRAVEL BLOGGER
- You have a desire to see the world and experience cultures beyond surface level
- You love to share what you find and educate people along the way
- You aren’t looking for a stable Monday-Friday job that ends at 5pm sharp
- You enjoy creating content, whether it be writing, photography, videography, or poetry
- You are a go-getter who is committed to your improving and achieving your craft
- You can set your own schedule, manage your time, and stick to deadlines
- You are not afraid of marketing your blog or putting yourself out there
- You are keen to learn new things, absorb new details, and push yourself to try
- You are self-motivated, self-reliant, and self-confident
- You believe in collaborations, most of your time will be spent working with others